- The ‘Mother City’ with spectacular surrounding beaches and vineyards
- Home to the iconic Table Mountain and Robben Island
- Cape Point, Hout bay, Simonstown, Boulders Beach
- Vibrant Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
The Cape Town hockey Festival is a prestigious event that caters for International U18 schools and clubs during July each year. Based in the 'Mother City' since 2003 there are 48 teams that contest the festival (24 boys and 24 girls). Teams that enter are a mixture of both local and international talent, with entries regularly received from the UK, Australia, Canada, Zimbabwe, Namibia, and South Africa. Groups are able to easily extend their stay in Cape Town before or after the festival to experience other aspects of South Africa if they wish.
South Africa is one of our most popular long haul destinations which provides the opportunity to play against good quality opposition passionate about their sport with superb hospitality and modern facilities. Experience varied landscapes with natural beauty and visit an amazing array of spectacular activities and excursions to help appreciate the diverse local culture.
South Africa is a country of breathtaking diversity and scenery. Groups will have the opportunity to visit a number of Towns and Cities within South Africa depending on the length of tour and budget requirements. Key Cities including Cape Town, Pretoria and Durban can be included in any tour itinerary whilst also integrating visits to National Parks and game reserves as well as a host of excursions to make an unforgettable touring experience.
- High Performance Centre
- Lion Park, Blue Bulls Match, Lesedi Cultural Village
- Apartheid Museum and Gold Reef City
- Including Towns of George, Knysna, Oudtshoorn and Port Elizabeth
- Stunning scenery along coastal route
- Whale Watching, Elephant Sanctuary, Game drives
- National Park Game Reserve ‘Big 5’ Safari Experience
- Sun City Valley of the Waves
- Canopy tours, gumboot dancing and drumming
- Experience the South African 'Braai'
- Sub-tropical beach gateway
- uShaka Marine World, SeaWorld, Wet n Wild
- KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Rugby Match at Kings Park
- Surf lessons, KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Board tour
A mixture of accommodation options are possible throughout a tour to South Africa including High Performance centres, 3-5* hotels and Game Lodges. Hosting is also a possibility with local schools and families and often one of the highlights of any tour. Some example accommodation is highlighted below:
- Perfect location looking over the V&A waterfront
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants
- Modern décor with panoramic views of Table Mountain
- Triple and quad rooms available for groups
- 3* hotel and 4* hostel style accommodation
- Country’s best training facilities on site, perfect for tour team preparation
- Option of a la carte or specific tailored meal plans
- Preferred training centre for National Governing bodies and Team SA pre departure camps
- 4* private game reserve less than 2 hours drive from Cape Town
- ‘Big 5’ safari experience available in 4x4 vehicles
- Large swimming pool and African-style dining areas serving buffet meals
- Situated in Pilanesberg National Park ideal for ‘Big 5’ safari experience
- Chalets cater for groups of 4 with en-suite bathroom
- Onsite swimming pool and restaurant
There are an abundance of activities and excursions on offer in South Africa to enhance your overall tour experience, below you will find a selection of ‘must sees’.
Visitors travel to the top in one of two cable cars, each with rotating floors and large windows to ensure 360 degree views during the ascent are almost as spectacular as those on the summit. From the top, there are magnificent views of the Cape Town city centre, surrounding suburbs and the Atlantic Ocean. Landmarks in view include the Cape Town Stadium, Robben Island and Camps Bay beach.
Most famous for being a political prison during apartheid, an era of racial segregation in South Africa, when many of South Africa’s most prominent freedom fighters spent time here. Nelson Mandela spent 18 years of the 27 years he was imprisoned on the island. After a half hour ferry journey you will be guided around by a former political prisoner who will relay the history of the island, together with first hand accounts of prison life, ensuring a personal and poignant tour. You will visit the maximum security prison and in particular to Nelson Mandela’s cell.
The most south-westerly tip of Africa offers breathtaking views. During a full day trip groups can experience a visit to Hout Bay for a boat tour around seal island, visit Simons Town for lunch and the penguin colony at Boulders Beach.
Whether you stay overnight on a game reserve or visit on a full day you will travel in 4x4 vehicles with qualified guided rangers for an unforgettable safari experience to see the ‘Big 5’ (Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Leopard, Rhino).
We can offer tailor made tours to suit your specific tour duration, group requirements and budget. Please find below an example itinerary:
|1||Depart UK||In Flight|
|2||Cape Town||Breakwater Lodge|
|3||Cape Town||Breakwater Lodge||Table Mountain|
|4||Cape Town||Breakwater Lodge||Friendly|
|5||Cape Town||Garden Court||Robben Island|
|6||Cape Town||Garden Court||Opening Ceremony|
|7||Cape Town||Garden Court||Festival|
|8||Cape Town||Garden Court||Festival|
|9||Cape Town||Garden Court||Festival|
|10||Cape Town||Garden Court||Cape Point Tour|
|11||Cape Town||Garden Court||Finals Day|
|13||Pilanesberg||Bakgatla Resort||Safari game drive|
|14||Pilanesberg||Bakgatla Resort||Sun City valley of the waves|
|15||Johannesburg||Garden Court||Apartheid Museum|