11 July 2016
We are looking to recruit a sports tours consultant to join our growing team.
Title: Sports Tours Consultant
Responsible to: Sports Tours Manager
Salary: depending on experience
Location: DH3 4AN
Purpose of Work:
GB Sports Tours is a young and ambitious sports tour operator providing tours to schools, universities, colleges, club teams and professional sports teams.
The company operates tailor-made team sports tours, focusing on football, rugby, hockey, netball and cricket, to destinations worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and focused individual to project manage our group tours and be responsible for delivering seamless tour experiences.
If you have a desire to work in sport and travel, this role is aimed at supporting the company into a leading provider of sports tours and ensure that the customer receives a high level of personal service which is key to maintaining the GB Sports Tours brand.
Working alongside our sales and operation team, you will be the main point of contact for groups within your remit and you will be responsible for answering client queries alongside securing travel arrangements for each touring group including transport, accommodation, sports, and excursion bookings.
- To develop tailor-made itineraries for group tours
- Management of suppliers including negotiating rates and contracts
- Building and developing relationships with clients and providing excellent level of customer service
- Working closely with the sales and operation departments to undertake the administration associated with procuring and managing travel services
- To assist with supplier and internal department liaison
- To answer incoming calls, assisting with queries from internal departments, suppliers and clients
- To undertake research and assist with product development
- To utilise internal systems to administer and process new bookings
- To assist with the production & administration of service reports and databases
- Any other duties reasonably required
Skills and Experience:
- It is preferred but not essential that applicants are able to demonstrate previous experience within the sport and travel industry
- Experience of working with travel suppliers such as hoteliers, transport companies, and excursion providers.
- Possession of excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships over the telephone, face to face and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure and use initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise work efficiently and effectively
- Possession of a strong work ethic, enthusiasm and high attention to detail with a methodical, thorough approach to your work is essential
- Have a keen interest and knowledge of sport
- Full driving licence
Please send your CV and a covering letter describing what strengths you have as an individual applicable to this role and the team to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on Friday 22nd July 2016. The subject of the email should include the ‘job title’ and your ‘full name’.